How much knowledge can be revealed with the use of data?
- How to integrate data teams into organization in an effective way, enabling executive data science practices.Sep 19, 2020
- The book explores how data has acquired such an important capacity . Expert international contributors consider political questions about data and the ways it provokes subjects to govern themselves by making rights claims.May 16, 2019
- One of the best books on management, tasks, goals and their measurement. Full of stories from successful companies (like Google).Apr 24, 2018
- Data science primer explaining its evolution, relation to machine learning, current uses, data infrastructure issues, and ethical challenges.Apr 6, 2018
- Data is replacing money as the driver of market behavior. Big finance and big companies will be replaced by small groups and individual actors who make markets instead of making thingsFeb 27, 2018
- The Qualified Self offers a new perspective on how social media users construct and distribute 'self-portraits' through media technologies. A truly original revision of 'mediated memories' and a much-needed update to the age of connectivity.Feb 3, 2018
- Scientific management asked us to be efficient. Now, we are asked to be agile. But what does this mean for the everyday lives we lead?Sep 21, 2017
- The book provides a view into our future reality. The amount of data we have today and will have in the future will be leveraged to augment our daily lives.Jan 1, 2017
- What happens when people turn their everyday experience into data: an introduction to the essential ideas and key challenges of self-tracking.Jun 30, 2016
- The Qualified Self offers an excellent overview of the breadth and depth of issues related to self-tracking cultures.Apr 1, 2016
- A comprehensive overview of the entire field of Machine Learning that is better than most of the book on the topic. Author also explores an idea, related to his scientific research, of a master algorithm which could explain everything given enough data.Sep 22, 2015
- Data-ism: The Revolution Transforming Decision Making, Consumer Behavior, and Almost Everything ElseData-ism is about this next phase, in which vast, Internet-scale data sets are used for discovery and prediction in virtually every fieldMay 10, 2015
- A goldmine of historical and contemporary case studies with which readers are invited to visualise the complexity of self-representation practices and artefacts.Oct 2, 2014
- How the concentration of data and distribution of risk by those who own the data creates a significant risk to our capitalist based economy and over the long term to the very companies that create the situation.Mar 7, 2013
- Big data is about predictions. Academic Mayer-Schönberger and editor Cukier consider big data the new ability to crunch vast collections of information and draw conclusions from it.Mar 5, 2013
- The book explains authors' thinking on Mincrosoft MyLifeBits project predating the "Quantified Self" and "Internet of Things" movementsOct 26, 2010
- According to quantum science - all interactions between particles in the universe, Lloyd explains, convey not only energy but also information. Particles not only collide, they compute.Mar 13, 2007
- The darkening of the digital age and arrival of new economic order.
- The wonderful essence of Tom’s book is to imagine how people and computers will interact on a massive scale to create intelligent systems.
- Uncompromising exploration of the evolutionary concepts. Harrari attempts to illustrate the future of humanity and redefines meaning of 'Dataism' along the way.
- How religion will be newly shaped with the advent of technology? A look at the various religions that have started relying on technology in today’s digital age.Feb 28, 2020
- A Spanish scientist records all his activities so he can learn how to live more effectively. But what do you gain from forensically tracking every part of your day?Dec 2, 2019
- The Chinese government plans to launch its Social Credit System in 2020. The aim? To judge the trustworthiness – or otherwise – of its 1.3 billion residentsOct 9, 2017
- Daniel Miessler’s reaction to the final chapters of Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari that talks about the concept of Dataism.Apr 7, 2017
- His history of humankind, Sapiens, was an international best seller. Now Yuval Noah Harai is back with a big new idea: DataismSep 1, 2016
- David Brooks article that popularized the notion of dataism, focused around ability of data to illuminate unnoticed patterns of human behavior.Feb 5, 2013
- What happens when technology can analyze every quotidian thing that happened to you today.Apr 30, 2010
- Visionary article that explicates a desire for a sort of collective memory machine with concept of the memex that would make knowledge more accessible, believing that it would initiate knowledge explosionMay 19, 1945
Scientific Papers (3)
- Religion for Machines: Humanism and Dataism as Perspectives on the Design of Machine Learning SystemsThis paper introduces Dataism and Humanism positions in an attempt to situate the ideas within HCI, for the purpose of uncovering potentials to inform perspectives in human-centered machine learning.May 1, 2019
- The article provides a systematic descriptive and analytical study on the China’s Social Credit System ProjectJun 30, 2018
- The article deconstructs the ideological grounds of datafication. Datafication is rooted in problematic ontological and epistemological claims. As part of a larger social media logic, it shows characteristics of a widespread secular belief.May 9, 2014