Summary of lectures provided for XII MBA International students by B.A. Gonczarek
Thank you for participating in the lectures during this semester. 💪 👍 I’m glad that in-class/hybrid way of connecting didn’t stand much in our way and I value your engagement during the course of the meetings!
Below I provide you with two things – a 🎞 recording of how you presented your group projects with the discussion that followed, and clip📺 from our meeting David Winkelman, change manager from California. The clips are secured by password to comply with GDPR, you’ll find the password in the email from WSH and on our MS Teams channel.
Also, as promised, here are titles and links to the books I recommended:
- Jeff Hawkins and his team discovered that the brain uses maplike structures to build a model of the world-not just one model, but hundreds of thousands of models of everything we know, and the origin of high-level thoughtMar 2, 2021
- “The ultimate guide to using the magical power of funny as a tool for leadership and a force for good.”—Daniel H. Pink, #1 New York Times bestselling authorFeb 2, 2021
- How computer scientists and philosophers are defining the biggest question of our time - how will we create intelligent machines that will improve our lives rather than complicate or even destroy them?Oct 30, 2020
- "Skin in the Game” provides a meta guide to risk exposure and how the fragility works. It’s not so much exploration of strategies for dealing with uncertainty, it’s more of a deep intellectual dive into origins of thinking about risks and its impact on politics, businesses, belief systems - across different magnitudes of scale.Jul 4, 2019
- A set of practical strategies to embrace differences and work successfully across increasingly diverse business cultures. Publication coming from a chairman of an international institute of cross-cultural training with offices in over 30 countries and founder of the quarterly magazine Cross CultureDec 18, 2018
- The book brings together research on various topics of limited reach that, when combined, speak to the outrageous gall of the mind in recreating reality to its own liking, and then covering its tracks.Dec 1, 2017
- The book challenges the traditional beliefs on employee engagement and traditionalist leadership. It explains why it is time to move on and take on alternative takes on employee engagement.Sep 1, 2017
- Wonderful book about belief systems and how bringing in personal beliefs and values into a business can positively affect the success and impact of businesses.Oct 11, 2016
- Probably the most influential management book of this decade, inspiring to take a radical leap and adopt a whole different set of management principles and practices.Feb 9, 2014
- Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers. The book illustrates existence of a vast chasm between the early adopters and the early majority in the Technology Adoption Life CycleJan 28, 2014
Wish you all the best of luck in advancing your careers! 🥇And, as promised, I will let you know when David will come to Poland so we can reunite and meet in-person.